Challenges and Rewards
On Wednesday 27 September 2017 there will be three public talks about being a mathematician at University. This event is aimed at promoting the Photographic Exhibition. After the talks there will be a tour of the Exhibition in the Edward Boyle Library and the winners of the Photo Competition will be announced.
The whole event is free and open to everyone.
Edward Boyle Library – Conference room
- 3:00 – 3:30 Prof Louise Walker (The University of Manchester, UK) – “Inspiring the new generation of Mathematicians” (teaching focused)
- 3:40 – 4:10 Dr Elizabeth Quaglia (Royal Holloway, University of London, UK) – “A Crypto Journey” (research focused)
- 4:10 – 4:30 Coffee Break
- 4:30 – 5:00 Prof Karin Baur (Graz University, Austria) – “The path through a career in Mathematics” (work-life balance focused)
Edward Boyle Library – Foyer
- 5:15 – 5:30 Photo Competition Prize Ceremony
- 5:30 – 6:00 Tour of the Photo Exhibition and Networking Opportunities
School of Mathematics – level 9
- 6:00 – onwards Wine Reception & Nibbles