Breaking Stereotypes in Mathematical Science
All undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Leeds are invited to submit a picture to enter the competition and get the chance to win £100 and £50 in Amazon vouchers!
TOPIC: Breaking Stereotypes in Mathematical Science
PRIZE: 1st – £100 Amazon voucher; 2nd – £50 Amazon Voucher
DEADLINE: Friday 22nd September 2017, 5pm UK time
JUDGING PANEL: Dominic Hopkinson (Artist in residence, School of Mathematics) and Dr Elena Issoglio (Lecturer in Financial Mathematics)
JUDGING CRITERIA: ambition, creativity, originality, quality of photograph, interpretation of topic
RESOLUTION: the picture resolution should be appropriate to be printed in A3 [e.g. 300 dpi (dots per inch) @ 4961 x 3605 pixels]
Before entering the competition, please make sure you adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- You must be a student at the University of Leeds to enter.
- You may only submit images you produced yourself.
- You may submit up to 3 images (but you can win only one prize).
- You must make sure all those who feature in the photo are happy to be part of the image.
- By submitting an image, you are giving the School of Mathematics permission to use it for publicity, for example as website content, displays, posters, etc.
The winners will be announced on Wednesday 27 September 2017, during the event “Public Talks in Mathematics – Challenges and Rewards” – follow the link for more details. Note that you must come in person to the event to collect the prize.