- Date: -
- Location: Hinsley Hall, Leeds
- Categories: Workshop
The 33rd Leeds Annual Statistical Research Workshop
We proudly announce that we are celebrating four decades of the Leeds Workshops in the forthcoming 2015 Leeds Annual Statistical Research (LASR) Workshop which will be held on 30th June-2nd July 2015 in Hinsley Hall, Leeds, UK. It was in 1975 when Leeds hosted a research symposium where distinguished and prominent figures in statistics attended. The research symposium later became our annual LASR Workshops.
Our research workshops have facilitated interdisciplinary discussion between participants that have resulted in important research collaborations and cutting edge applications. To celebrate the four decades of Leeds Workshops, the 2015 LASR Workshop will focus on geometry-driven statistics, which include advanced methods in the analysis of manifolds, directional data analysis and shape analysis, and their cutting edge applications, especially in large data or high-dimensional data.
We are pleased to announce that the following leading scientists are expected to speak at LASR 2015.
- Fred Bookstein (Universities of Vienna and Washington)
- Clive Bowman (University of Reading)
- Charlotte Deane (University of Oxford)
- Ian Dryden (University of Nottingham)
- Walter Gilks (University of Leeds)
- Colin Goodall (AT&T)
- Peter Green (University of Bristol)
- Thomas Hamelryck (University of Copenhagen)
- Stephan Huckemann (Universität Göttingen)
- Peter Jupp (University of St Andrews)
- John Kent (University of Leeds)
- Arnab Laha (Indian Institute of Management)
- Kanti Mardia (Universities of Leeds and Oxford)
- J. S. Marron (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Cristina Rueda (Universidad de Valladolid)
The proceedings are now available online: PDF (17.5 MB)
We are grateful to Wiley for supporting the 2015 LASR workshop.